Stainless steel is a kind of high-alloy steel that can resist corrosion in air or chemically corrosive medium. As the name suggests, it is not easy to rust, and has beautiful surface and corrosion resistance. It does not need to undergo surface treatment such as color plating. Inherent surface properties.
However, as long as the stainless steel that is really suitable for processing rings on the market is SUS316L medical stainless steel, at least SUS304 material must be used! Now most products are made of stainless steel tube, stainless steel plate or stainless steel wire. Stainless steel ring is a very special metal jewelry. It is very tough and corrosion-resistant. It will not turn black like silver, nor will it be allergic to jewelry like copper, and it will not be like alloy jewelry. Leaded and toxic, stainless steel jewelry always retains its color tone for life at room temperature.
Stainless steel jewelry is made of the same material from the inside to the outside, and has passed the artificial sweat test. Its characteristics are that it is completely non-corrosive, and is resistant to strong acid and alkali. It is a green high-grade environmental protection jewelry that will not produce any side effects and harmless to the human body. Pitting corrosion of stainless steel mostly occurs in aqueous environments containing iodine, chlorine, and bromine. The reason for the pitting corrosion of stainless steel is that chloride ion is an active anion, which is easily adsorbed, squeezes out oxygen atoms, and reacts with cations in the passivation film to form soluble chloride, which destroys the passivation film, forms small pores, and becomes a pitting inducement stage. , at this stage, a closed circuit is formed, and the phenomenon of current corrosion occurs.
1. Select an appropriate stainless steel material in an environment where pitting corrosion is known to occur. Experiments show that the higher the content of molybdenum (Mo) or manganese (Mn), the stronger the resistance to pitting corrosion;
2. Control the pH, chloride concentration and temperature of the liquid in contact with stainless steel
3. Cathodic protection, anodic protection or both protection measures;
4. Use better quality stainless steel as much as possible, such as 316 or 316L, to improve the pitting resistance of stainless steel rings.
5. Since most chemicals are strongly corrosive or oxidizing, please avoid contact with chemicals;
6. It is not advisable to wear accessories before makeup;
7. Avoid violent collision and friction, so as not to scratch the jewelry;
8. Because human sweat contains various salts, it is not advisable to wear accessories when sweating a lot;
9. For your safety, please remove the jewelry when you sleep;
10. It is not advisable to wear it when taking a bath, so as to avoid losing the jewelry due to slippery water.